Monday, November 12, 2012

I'm In Love... Again!

I'd like to introduce you to my newest love: Krylon Metallic Silver spray paint!


Yes, I know I'm risking sounding like the latest Bachelorette, professing my love to a new object-of-affection every week. It's just that there's so many things I love! But honestly, this one's serious, like head-over-heels, forever-and-ever! (Well, at least forever in Kim Kardashian time...) ;)

Okay, all joking aside-- Metallic Silver spray paint is my new BFF! Check out my Makeover Victim #1: this cutesy, colorful Dollar Tree owl!


Adorable, yes, but not really my style (I did, however, go back and get one to leave original for Princess's room, since she loved this one so much!)

 It took me forever to decide what color to paint him... first, I painted him glossy white, to match my owl twins (which totally washed out his features). Then I tried Krylon Hammered Silver, which turned out WAAAYY too dull and drab for my tastes.

So he got a coat of  Krylon's Blue Ocean Breeze, and stayed that way for a while. Until I decided he needed something more glamorous and neutral to fit with my fall decorating... and that's when I found the Metallic Silver!


Check out the cool crackled finish! I honestly have no idea what caused it-- whether it was the frigid garage temperatures that I painted him in, or the undercoating of Hammered Metal (possibly oil-based?) spray paint-- but I LOVE it! It looks like silver leafing!



Now meet Makeover Victim #2:



Just a plain, everyday, run-of-the-mill glass pumpkin candy jar, that cost me all of $1.99 at Goodwill! . But glamorous? Not on your life!

Enter Krylon's Metallic Silver spray paint.



I really wanted to turn into fake mercury glass, like Karianne's-- but my search for Looking Glass paint came up empty. :( So Metallic Silver it became-- and though it's not quite so shiny, I love my pumpkin's new glamorousness!



So there you have it: two totally different makeovers from one can! And now you can see why I love it so much ;)

So do you love spray paint as much as I do? Do you have a favorite go-to-color? Or maybe you're a spray paint newbie! Trust me, once you try it, you'll be hooked ;)

...at least for 72 days!













P.S. I have absolutely NO connection with Krylon or the people that make it-- although if they saw how much I love spray paint, they might consider it!










Parties I link to:

Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:

5 comments :

  1. Hey, nice!! I especially like the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paint transformations and yours are fantastic! The extra crackled finish on the owl totally rock! and that pumpkin can't look any better. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks! ;) I love them both-- now to find something else to paint silver! ;)

      Delete
  3. I like metallic spray paint too! Right now my favorite is HAMMERED BRONZE. Love it!
    But a few summers ago... I was spraying all my yard critters (ie: frog,turtles,rocks,angels and snails) Krylon Metallic Gold!
    I say HAVE FUN WITH IT!
    ...via MRL-CaCC party, Pat

    ReplyDelete

I love love LOVE comments! Please take a second and leave me one... it'll make my day!